Xiaowei Zhou (周晓巍)
— GRASP Laboratory & Department of Computer and Information Science
— University of Pennsylvania
Address: Levine Hall L403, 3330 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Please find my CV here
I have a broad background and research experience in computer vision, medical image analysis and bioinformatics. I was working on medical image segmentation and low-rank modeling for image analysis during my PhD study. After moving to the GRASP Lab at University of Pennsylvania, my primary research interest is 3D object recognition including detection, shape reconstruction and pose estimation. I’m also working on a project on vision-based navigation of UAVs.
Sep. 2008 – Aug. 2013, Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering, HKUST
Mar. 2012 – Jun. 2012, Visiting student at Image Processing and Analysis Group, Yale University
Sep. 2004 – Jun. 2008, Bachelor in optical engineering, Zhejiang University
- X. Zhou, S. Leonardos, X. Hu, and K. Daniilidis. 3D shape reconstruction from 2D landmarks: A convex formulation. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), oral presentation, 2015. [Code]
- M. Zhu*, X. Zhou*, and K. Daniilidis. Pose and Shape Estimation with Discriminatively Learned Parts. Technical reprot, arXiv:1502.00192, 2015. (*equal contribution), 2015.
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, H. Zhao, W. Yu. Low-Rank Modeling and its Applications in Image Analysis. ACM Computing Surveys, 47(2): 36, 2014. [Code]
- X. Zhou, J. Liu, X. Wan, W. Yu. Piecewise-constant and low-rank approximation for identification of recurrent copy number variations. Bioinformatics, 2014. [Code]
- X. Zhou, X. Huang, J.S. Duncan, W. Yu. Active Contours with Group Similarity. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2013. [Code]
- X. Zhou, W. Yu. Low-Rank Modeling and its Applications in Medical Image Analysis. SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing: Signal, Image, and Neural Net Processing, 2013 (Invited paper).
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, W. Yu. Moving Object Detection by Detecting Contiguous Outliers in the Low-Rank Representation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2013. [Code]
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, X. Wan, H. Zhao, W. Yu. Multi-Sample aCGH Data Analysis via Total Variation and Spectral Regularization. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 2013. [Code]
- X. Zhou, S. Lei, Y. Yu, C. Lien, K. K. Shung, W. Yu. Ultrasound Bio-Microscopic Image Segmentation for Evaluation of Zebrafish Cardiac Function. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 2013.
- X. Zhou, C.Yang, W. Yu. Automatic Mitral Leaflet Tracking by Outlier Detection in the Low-rank Representation. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2012. [Code]
- C. Yang, X. Zhou, X. Wan, Q. Yang, H. Xue and W. Yu. Identifying Disease-Associated SNP Clusters via Contiguous Outlier Detection. Bioinformatics, 2011.
- X. Zhou, T. Liang, and W. Yu. Accurate Segmentation of Ultrasound Images Using the Motion Cue. In Proceedings of International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2010.